Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wintery Idaho!





Well, it has been a nice, relaxing vacation. We haven't been anywhere because it has been snowing almost constantly. Yesterday was white-out conditions and it is still coming down. Zack has been out of school for both days because the snowplows couldn't get to some of the rural roads here. He has been sooooo disappointed that he's had to stay home (NOT!). Anyway, here are a few pictures of our adventures. Here is Madi, Zack and Gabe on our first evening here.


Zack and Madi out for a walk yesterday. You can just barely see anything! Madi said she felt like a marshmallow being all bundled up like that.


After the sun came out, we actually ventured out on the snowmobiles for a little bit. We weren't out long because of the wind chill, but we all had a great time. I understood what Madi meant by feeling like a marshmallow, though. (Although you won't see pictures of me here!)

Here is Zack and Madi heading out. Gabe rode for quite awhile with both Dad and Alan, and then John and I went out together. The first thing we did was go up over the bank onto the field where we could let loose, but we overbalanced and tipped right over. We were laughing so hard and then I couldn't find firm ground to get up, so I kept falling back down! It was such a comedy of errors! We were really glad no one had the camera on us then! But, after crawling out of the snowbank, John got us going again, and we had fun out there on the flats. I think I would really enjoy going on snowmobile trips to the mountains, Yellowstone, or any other place like that. I didn't drive myself yesterday because I didn't have any goggles, and my glasses were so fogged up I couldn't see where I was going. It would not have been a good thing! But, under more prepared circumstances, I would really enjoy it.

Anyway, that's our vacation so far. We hope everyone is safe and happy back home. We will be back in Salt Lake tomorrow afternoon, and then Madi will be spending the weekend with Sara while John, Gabe and I go to St. George for my music conference.

3 comments:

sara said...

Looks like you guys are having fun. I wish I was there. I have never been snowed in anywhere. I'd give anything to be snowed in about right now so I didn't have to go to work. Glad that you were able to get away from the city for awhile

The Schauerhamers said...

looks like you guys are experiencing true Idaho snow. Sounds like a blast to me! It looks pretty extreme. By the way I have totally tipped the snowmachine over several times so don't worry. Still sounds like fun!

Stacy said...

Madi said your trip was a lot of fun. I didn't get to talk to you about it last night. You were resting and I was back nursing most of the night. I want to know how St. George was. I also have a bag of clothes for Gabe's, so don't let me forget next time you are out here. Are you guys going to come to Josh and Andrew's birthday tonight. I am sure you would like to spend an evening at home. We are having cake and ice cream around 7:30 p.m. if you all would like to come. If we don't see you hopefully we will see you before the blessing.