Friday, January 11, 2008

Catching up



Not much has happened this week, although I can't get rid of one of my classes quick enough! There are about 10 boys that are absolutely incorrigible, and they are making my life quite miserable. Only 4 more days!!!! Then I get a whole new class of them. A new start can make all the difference, though. The end of our term out in Tooele and Granite districts is next week.

I am looking forward to the Honor Choir experience again this year. I am taking 16 students to participate in this statewide event. If you would be interested in a great choral concert experience, come to Cottonwood High School on the night of the 26th. The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. These may be junior high students, but the combination of the music and the conductor creates an experience much more mature.

The day after the concert, John's vacation begins. We are going to go to visit Shelley, Alan and Zack from the 27th to the 30th. Then we will get home, rest a bit and then go to St. George for the music conference I go to every February. So, not much has happened now, but there's lots coming up.

Here are a few pictures. I'm catching up on several things at once.









This one is our famous cat: Lalo. He just fits in this sink! And this is one of his favorite places to nap.








Gabe and Jonas got to see a real hobby train set! They were absolutely fascinated!

This is entire set-up: 5 tracks set up beyond the house, all with trains on them. The one Gabe and Jonas are standing by is the only one inside the house.


Gabe was really taken with all the new babies at the hospital. Here he and Leslie are holding Baby Leah while the rest of us were adoring Baby Esme. He simply wanted to hold the new babies.



















Madison with Baby Esme.











A couple of Christmas pictures and the aftermath.

3 comments:

sara said...

I love that first picture of Gabes in the winter trees. Very cute. Jonas thought it was funny too.

Stacy said...

I am amazed at how much Gabes does like the babies. Jonas has looked at Esme twice. I think he will like her better when she can play. I need to get a few copies of some of your photos. The ones from CD with Maren and Gabes for sure. They were very sweet.

The Schauerhamers said...

cute pictures i really like the one of gabes and leah, the lighting is perfect, two little angels.