Friday, February 8, 2008

Back to the Grind


Since the last time I checked in, we drove home from Idaho, spent a day doing laundry and other necessary tasks, and then drove to St. George for my Music Teachers' Conference. Gabe really looked forward to the pool! We stayed at the same place we all stay when we travel down there for the Shakespearean Festival, etc. So we all got to swim a bit, I got some really great new ideas, and John got a few extra relaxing days to finish off his vacation.



Notice the difference in snow depths from the 1st day to our last in Idaho. John cleaned about 18 inches of snow off the van before we left.


We stopped by the Rexburg Temple on our way home. It was still really cold, so we didn't linger long enough to do more than snap these pictures. It is a beautiful building.



Well, the vacation was great, and now it is back to work for both John and me. One thing about being gone for a few days, my students were really glad to see me again. However, I am now finding out that I have quite a bit of work cut out for me to catch up on grades. Not only that, but I have to figure out exactly what the subs did and did not do.


Yesterday we had a little glitch with some of our construction: someone had forgotten to reconnect the water softener hose correctly, and as I was getting ready for school yesterday morning, I stepped in a rather large puddle of water right in the middle of our closet! The water covered half the basement, and, with John at work and me heading out the door, we couldn't do a thing about it! Luckily, it didn't spread to the bedroom itself, and nothing was really damaged. It was just another one of those nuisances that occur when you are rebuilding.


Anyway, life is back to being very routine -- which is not always a bad thing. It just isn't as fun as vacation time.

2 comments:

sara said...

Aren't you glad we don't have those amounts of snow down here. I am glad you guys enjoyed all of your vacation time. The hardest part is getting back into the swing of things.

Alan and Shelley said...

We're glad you were able to come home, and hope that your whole vacation was relaxing. We'll see you soon