Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day!

Did you know that today is Gioachino Rossini's birthday? Just a little leap day trivia. He actually had written an opera or 2 before his 3rd birthday!


Ok, so this has been a very hectic week. Not only did we have parent/teacher conferences on Tuesday, but I also travelled to Orem to play for 5 band students for their region solo competition. Three of the 5 actually received I's (Top scores), and will probably go on to State in April. In the meantime, John has had the flu and Gabe hasn't been feeling that well, either.




This was a big snowball someone had rolled into the middle of the park. Gabe just wanted to sit on it.

These were taken on our big Snow day at the park! Gabe loved it. I was freezing!


Gabe turns 5 this week! Does it even seem possible? We were going to try to have Gabe's birthday party this weekend, but I haven't even had time to figure out what cake to make him or anything else, for that matter. So, we will postpone the festivities to next weekend: Sara has agreed to let us have the party at her house. So we will plan on Saturday, March 8th, probably around 5:00 or 6:00 p.m. I will keep everyone posted this week.


I thought I would also show everybody what the downstairs bathroom is shaping up to be. Of course, right now, all it is is a great big mess! But it is really taking shape. Sorry for the poor color on these pictures.







The shower is all tiled in and the grout applied. There is even this great bench inside. I guess this is the south-east side of the basement. It used to be storage space.


Here is some of the construction mess. Then the floor has just been installed: dark blue tiles put down in sheets. The walls are now sanded and smooth. A little more finish work, and the toilet and sink can be installed. Not to mention my washer and dryer put back. (Luckily, we've been able to use my Mom's for the last 3 weeks.) We'll take more pictures as more gets done and let you all see the final product. We are really looking forward to getting this all done! Then we can start upstairs!


3 comments:

liz and dennis said...

your bathroom looks like it's going to be beautiful; i love the shower and the new tile floor. i have to say it makes me think of when gabe told me and dennis that the plumber was "diappointed in me." hee hee. love liz

The Schauerhamers said...

It looks really nice I'm a little jealous!

sara said...

That shower looks massive. It is going to be a real nice bathroom I can tell. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. I am looking forward to Gabe's big party day. See ya on the weekend.