Friday, April 25, 2008

"Tag" Answers

Ok, I guess I've been tagged. So, here goes---

1. Who do you love?
I love John, my two lovely step-daughters, Madison and Arden, and I love our precocious Gabe. I also love my Mother. I love most of my students, but here are the end of the school year, I will also love saying goodbye to them.
2. How long have you been married? We have been married for 6 years.
3. Who said "I love you" first. I did. We were talking on the phone one afternoon, and just before hanging up, I said it. And, just as if it was the most natural thing in the world, he said "I love you, too." Talk about walking on air for the next little while.
4. How long did you date? John and I had our first date on June 26th, he proposed on July 26th, and we were married on December 21st.
5. Where did he propose? In his living room, after we had met with the girls to tell them our intentions. Talk about making me nervous! After taking the girls to their mom, he formally proposed. An hour later he took me to the airport for my visit to Reno for 5 days. And my friend spent the whole 5 days trying to talk me out of it.
6. Who is taller? John is. I can wear heels and still be shorter that he is.
7. Who is smarter? John knows so much about so many things. And he remembers so much, too! The girls have inherited that from him. I can't remember whole entire books or history events like they do.
8. Who does the laundry? I do. John does a pretty good job, but we share the chores around the house, and I take on the laundry.
9. Who pays the bills? I do. But John had to teach me how to do it on the computer.
10. Who mows the lawn? John does. He really is an expert! And the lawn looks great when he is done. I can mow, and have mown, many lawns in my life. Growing up with my Mom and Grandma, mowing the lawn was my job during the summers. We had this old electric mower that you had to make sure you didn't run over the cord. In Tooele, I had a huge yard that had to be mowed on a weekly basis. It would take me about 2 hours to get it done.
11. Who cooks dinner? We both do. On week days, I cook dinner, but John is a great help on Sunday dinners. He really is a great cook! He makes a great gravy, prime rib, ribs, and other delectible menu items. I have actually learned quite a bit about cooking from him. Living on my own for so long, I didn't really know how to cook for more people.
12. Who drives? John does most of the driving, but he does trust me to drive when he is tired. Like Shelley, that is very satisfying to know that he can relax when I am driving.
13. So now I will tag Jennifer, and Sara, my sisters-in-law. They have probably already been tagged, but I don't know anyone else to send it to. Just answer the same questions, or make up some of your own if these don't apply to those you choose.

No comments: