Sunday, April 6, 2008

One very long, and not so good week.

This has not been the best of weeks. It started the day before my birthday when I discovered that my driver's license expired the next day, and I didn't have a chance to get it renewed until last Thursday. I didn't get a reminder letter, and they can't figure out why. But, things just got worse from there. On Monday, it was supposed to be a teacher workshop/workday, but it ended up being a make-up day for the snow day we had in February. Not too bad, except that it SNOWED! How ironic!

Wednesday I had a concert with both schools. I do one school at 6:00 and the other one at 7:15. It makes for a long day, and I didn't get home until 9:00 p.m. By Thursday, I was beginning to feel that everyone wanted everything from me all at the same time. Mom's nurses want things picked up "today" (not happening), her aide wants small items that can be substituted "today", John wanted the files cleaned out "today", and Gabe wanted to go play "Now". Ok, so I am working up to a good excuse for what happened next. I was feeling a tad bit stressed, but I wanted to get a jump on the laudry issue, so I just put one load in the washer before Gabe and I went for a walk in the park. When I got home and put the laundry in the dryer, something fell out -- my cell phone! I had washed my cell!!!! Does it work? Nope. Understandably, John isn't exactly pleased with me. At first, I dried it as well as I could, let it dry overnight, even blow-dried it. And, unbelievably, it came on! But it wouldn't charge. Yesterday I took it in, and they said it isn't the battery, it is the phone. Now, it won't even pretend to work. So, for the time being, I am cell-less.

Tomorrow Madi and I are going with a group from my junior high to eat at LaCaille. It is a great deal: we get the meal for half the cost it would normally cost people. It should be fun. Even the junior high students are on their best behavior. I will get home here asap, collect Madi and then meet the rest of the group by 5:00. I will take a camera and add them to a future blog (hopefully soon).

Here's to hoping the next week will be a lot better!!!!

2 comments:

liz and dennis said...

sounds like you're having a crazy time up there. i just told jenny she could have my old cell phone which is still pretty good because i wasn't hard on it, or i would give it to you. les's and dennis' old phones aren't worth having, believe me.
i used to have real problems washing stuff like pens, gum, wallets, recommends etc. i hated cleaning out dennis' pockets and he refused to do it, so lots of stuff got washed then he would get mad. this was when we were first married before he learned much better, but, i washed his wallet for probably the third time in a couple of months and when i found it i threw it behind the washer and pretended i didn't know what happened to it. of course he found it, but i still played dumb, like maybe it jumped back there. of course he was suspicious, but he didn't accuse me out right. after a long time i confessed and by that time,(after much marital counselling) he realized it was as much his fault at mine for a. getting to stinkin' mad at me and b. for being so stubborn, stupid and lazy about cleaning out his pockets. your washing trouble reminded me of this even though it's not exactly the same. thinkin' of you though.

sara said...

Hope you have a great time at LaCaille. I have never been there. Have fun