Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pictures and Catch-up

OK, so this may take a day or two, but I wanted to get started. The trip to LaCaille was fun. And, because we were with a school group, we didn't have to read a menu, so we didn't have to disgrace ourselves with our non-existent french. I had the salmon, and Madi had the chicken. It was really good. I think most of the charm of the place is the atmosphere as much as the food. Here are a few pictures.



This was the bananas foster. Unfortunately, we should have asked for it to be non-flamed. The alcohol didn't all burn off, and it tasted kind of bad. The flames didn't show up in the picture.

And now, here is what everyone has been waiting for: pictures of our remodeling. John took these pictures at the beginning of the month. I will follow these up with some updated ones. Lots has been accomplished.

John has really worked hard. I did the painting in the bathroom, and I really enjoyed doing it. John has done most of the work. I have the material for the curtains in the rooms, too, I just haven't had time to sew them up. I'll get you a picture of the fabrics I've chosen soon. We are also waiting for the carpet to put down the stairs in the TV room and the bedroom. At the moment, we don't dare walk down the stairs without shoes on because we left the tack strips there after stripping the old carpet.

There are some more updated pictures to be downloaded, but I'm going to get this much posted tonight. The rest will come in a few days.

We're excited about the trip to Shakespeare! Talk to all soon!

(Although it says April 27th at the top, I didn't post this until 4/5)

1 comment:

sara said...

It is good to see the updates. I can't wait to see the finished product. Yes, I am getting excited for our family vacation. I finally got everything scheduled and booked.