Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Finally some new furniture!! We have had the room painted and the floors finished forever it seems, but only now got around to the furniture part.









You will have to forgive my picture taking abilities, I was not allowed to use a flash and there were alot of people milling and jostling about, so I did my best. Anyway this is a little quiz for all the old Masterpiece players out there. Can you name the Title and Painter of the following?


















































These last five are extra credit.








Here is the Sears Tower a little closer. I always thought it was right on Michigan Ave. But it is actually a couple of blocks to the west. I took this picture standing on Michigan Ave, right in front of the Art Institute looking down this street to the west. Here is a huge bronze statue in front of the Art Institute.



This is the Facade of the Art Institute, I am standing right on Michigan Ave facing east, right behind the building is Lake Shore Drive and Lake Michigan.

The following are some pictures that I was able to take on our drive into Chicago, they are taken through the windshield of the car so the quality is lacking somewhat, but I think you can still enjoy This is the roof line of the Chicago Public Library. It was very impressive.

And of course the Sears Tower and Chicago skyline.



Here are a couple of pictures from AA and Maury's yard. You can tell they pit alot of work into it. This is a ornamental grass called Karl Foerster.


Here is a long view of the back yard with the fire pit at the very back, and behind the corner of the garage you can start to see the area where Maury has all his raised bed gardens. I can only wish I had something like this. I am sure Madison and Gabe are very grateful that I don't.

And here we have a nice view across the front yard out to Douglas Road. While I was there the Crabapple tree was getting ready to bloom and you can see all the daffodils around it are blooming nicely.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

1. Watermill with Great Red Roof by Hobbema
2.Old Man with Gold Chain Rembrandt
3.The Assumption of the Virgin
by El Greco
4.St. John in the Wilderness Seville
5.Still Life by Claesz
6.St. George Killing the Dragon by
Martorell
7.The Rock by Blume
8.Nighthawks by Hopper
9.American Gothic by Wood
10. The Bath by Cassatt
11.The Herring by Homer
12.At the Moulin Rouge by Lautrec
13.Self-Portrait by Van Gogh
14.A Sunday on La Grande Jatte by Seurat
15. Paris Street;Rainy Day by Caillebotte
16.Two Sisters on the Terrace by Renoir
17.
18.The Bedroom by Van Gogh
19.
20.Beach at Cabasson by Cross
21.

It looks like you had a wonderful time in Chicago. The furniture is very nice. Looks great.

Jennifer said...

By the way, Happy 46th birthday.

sara said...

Happy Birthday. I was thinking of you yesterday. Okay I recognize them all but the first one on the extra credit paintings. I do not all of the names. And I don't want to go look at my game. I know that the 2nd is a Rembrandt, Is it his father? Then Ascension or something like that. I know Night Hawks and American Gothic and David and the still life and The Rock, and self-portrait of Van Gogh and Moulin Rouge and the Renoir, and the first extra credit is quite nice and I think the other ones are a Matisse or Monet or Manet. Not sure which but they look like those artists work. Their yard looks pretty amazing. I am glad that you were able to make the trip. I need to make it again some time.