Sunday, March 14, 2010

Gabe is 7! ! !

Well, Gabe was definitely feeling better after starting the week with strep! We had a great time for his birthday celebrations. The day of his birthday was kind of quiet, but we did have the missionaries for dinner, so they got to share his first birthday cake. But Gabe was ok with that. He knew the big celebration would be on Saturday.

The toy that he got for his birthday was called a balloon rocket. It is simply a bunch of long balloons with a pump. You blow them up and let them go. On Friday, we gave a set to Gabe's friend, Mattias (whose birthday was 3/5) and then went over to the parking lot at the park to set them off. They really had fun with them.
The girl in the middle is Mattias' sister: Mattea.
Here' how it works.


On Saturday before we left for the party, Gabe created this special look: it is his Halloween cowboy hat along with the birthday crown he got from school topped off with his sunglasses. What a picture!


What a goofball!



Ok, so these didn't go quite in the order I had intended, but you get the idea. We really had a lot of fun at Sara's -- Thank you so much!






As usual, when family gets together, there is always food! Gabe got to choose what we had for dinner that night: hot dogs, hamburgers, celery with cheese, carrots, and 3 kinds of chips. He even at a little potato salad! I was shocked!

When we went to the store to look at cakes, Gabe was set on having a Star Wars or other kind of fancy cake. I just wasn't too excited about all that. I finally asked, "Gabe, isn't there a cake Mom can make for you?" He said, "Ok. I want a banana cake." And that was that. No fuss, no complaints, just "ok." So. . . . Here is the banana cake. I actually made 2 cakes, thinking there wouldn't be enough, but we ended up taking one whole cake home. Which was ok, because that way we had left-over cake for a few days. And that cake does really well in the refrigerator!



I thought this was a cute picture of Whitnew and Hannah.


The cake with all 7 candles. . .




Legos!!!!

On Sunday, he sat at the kitchen table and put together the Lego helicopter. It took him almost an hour, but just look at what he did!


Gabe had a program the other night. The 1st Graders put on skits and songs and had a great time. It was the first time I've had to stay in Tooele for something other than my choir programs! Gabe and I made very good use of our time, though. Gabe had a simple cavity filled at the dentist, and we spent an hour at McDonald's letting him play on the playground and playing basketball. There were a few other children there, so he wasn't playing alone. He enjoyed his time.
This was Gabe's costume for his part of the program. He was a sheep. Look for him in the group pictures.

If I've got these videos right, this one should be part of the National Anthem. If I didn't, there's 3 songs: National Anthem, Song in My Heart, and I Love You.

This is the "famous" Alorah. Isn't she cute? There's quite a triangle going on here: Gabe likes Alorah, Alorah likes Thomas and Abby likes Gabe. We don't know who Thomas likes yet, but it would complete the circle if he liked Abby. Ah, first grade romances. . . Gabe has loved Alorah for 2 years now.
Can you see Gabe?










And with that, we'll sign off for this time. Skitterink a dink a dink, skitterink a do... We love you!

4 comments:

sara said...

Very cute pictures. I had to save few of them myself. Loved the explanation of Gabes love life and the love triangle. Had to laugh.

Alan and Shelley said...

Yes, I agree what cute pictures and I didn't know anything about the alluring Alora. I really liked his B-day get-up. Happy B-day Gabe back last week.

Anne Adele said...

I would like to know more about this Alora. I liked the sheep costume. Why did he have a Hawaiian lei around his neck? I'm also glad he got that pesky cavity taken care of.

Rebecca, John & Gabe said...

The lei was apparently from the book that their little play was based on. Gabe said they noticed it in the pictures, so they had to have them for their play.