Monday, July 18, 2011

My New Project

So here is my quilting project for the next several years. Gabriel's quilt will probably be done somewhere around the time he goes on his mission. Anyway, this is a pattern from one of my grandmother's old quilting books. I thought it looked doable for a beginner. The most daunting task was just beginning to cut out the pieces!

Gabe's favorite colors: yellow and green. John said this looks like someone's school colors, and now all I can see is Notre Dame. Oh, well.
Here's what the pieces look like. The yellow and green stacked ones are for the triangles. Thanks to Jennifer's blog, I learned how to put the squares together for the pinwheel pieces. My, what a time-saver!



Here's what the basic layout will look like. So far, all I've sewn together are the squares for the pinwheels. I'm almost done there, so then I can start putting those together. I'll continue to show my progress as time goes on. Wish me luck!

p.s. If you haven't read the blog about Gabe and Arden's piano recital, keep going. It isn't long, and worth the look.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a fun quilt. Good luck getting it done. It looks like you've got a good start.

sara said...

I do wish you luck. It looks like a fun project. Quilting is so addicting. I am excited to see your progress. See you on the weekend.

Alan and Shelley said...

I think when you finally get it done you won't ever want to make a green or yellow quilt again. Good luck with it, I really like the pattern, but piwheels and I aren't best of friends.