Sunday, July 5, 2009

Family Reunion

John finally had a whole weekend off! I think in the years since we got married, I've been to more of the Jorgensen Family Reunions than he has. But, because the 4th was on Saturday, he actually had 2 days off in a row! He was really excited to get out of town and do something fun!

We took the scenic route to Castle Dale. Fairview and Huntington Canyons were absolutely beautiful! They were so green and lush. At the top, right along the Skyline Drive road, we even found snow!


This is the view of the Fairview Valley (or whatever it is called) from the top of Skyline Drive.

Most of the flowers are gone by now, but there were a few of these yellow little ones.

Arden and Gabe at the Summit. This is at least 2400 feet higher than Soldier Summit. I think we read Soldier Summit as only 72?? feet.
Here is some of the crew at the Reunion. It was good to see Sara's pictures, too.
Brooks -- having the time of his life! It wasn't all bad, was it?
I've never seen a dutch oven this big! This was huge! John says it looks like something pulled off the bottom of a train and pounded into a dutch oven. The meat was sure good!
Gabe had a great time. All that running around gave him red cheeks, as usual.

Arden's "What do you want?" look.
Gabe had quite the audience with those bubbles! They were all lined up to see what he could do. This is just one of the groups he entertained. Such a little showman!



This shot is from the house just before we left. It had rained off and on all day, but in between storms, the sky was just as blue as it could be. Even the clouds were beautiful!

Well, there isn't a lot here, but I hope you enjoy our view of the family reunion.

2 comments:

Alan and Shelley said...

Good pictures. I especially like those you took of the top of the canyons. I love to go that way home, but I rearely do because I'm usually trying to get there in a rush. Beautiful green mountains!

sara said...

That was such a fun weekend. I wish it could have lasted longer. I too really enjoyed my drive through Huntington Canyon. It is one of my most favorite places on this whole earth.